Choose What and When to Learn Next
What Is e-Tutor?
eTutor Virtual Learning is an online school providing an in-depth curriculum to students in grades K-12 anywhere in the world. Access to the program is through subscription. Subscribers become part of an online learning community held in high regard by some of the nation’s best educators.
Ideal for homeschoolers, international students, student athletes and performers, health-impaired, gifted-talented students and those who want to increase or refresh their educational skills, eTutor provides lesson modules in the areas of Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. Subscribers have the option of working at the level of their choice.
eTutor effectively promotes student learning and can increase student knowledge in specific subjects and topics through targeted components detailed in each lesson module. It aids in increasing basic academic skills such as reading, spelling, history, science and mathematics and assists in the process of evaluating and synthesizing information. Included in the nine part lesson modules are a study guide, lesson problem, activities, extended learning, resources, vocabulary and self-correcting quizzes and exams.
Established in 1997, e-Tutor is an accredited online school built on Dr. Martha Angulo's simple philosophy:
Students learn more when given choices.
Students learn responsibility and are more engaged when given choices. e-Tutor provides students a safe online learning environment to choose what and when they would like to learn next. While e-Tutor enforces basic rules to ensure that students are learning effectively, students are encouraged to set their own pace and to explore subjects that interest them.
Parents are educators.
Parents' involvement is important to their children's success. e-Tutor parents are encouraged to participate in the completion of lesson modules as their time permits. Parents are also able to assign their children lesson modules and to track progress via their separate parent login.
Online Schools Should Be Online Schools.
e-Tutor has had a singular focus on educating students online from the start. We are an online school, not a hardware reseller or curriculum aggregator. Our curriculum, developed exclusively for online learning, is available anywhere you have an internet connection; there are no additional workbooks, texts, downloads or hardware required.
- eTutor meets National Goals for Learning in the areas of Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Science and is designed for students from kindergarten through grade twelve.
- Each lesson module includes an introduction, vocabulary, a lesson problem, statement of curricular standards, resources, study guide, activities, extended learning, and quizzes and exams.
- eTutor lesson modules include a wide range of topics, informational web sites and interesting activities that help to create a unique learning experience for students.
- eTutor provides immediate feedback to student and parent. Multiple choice questions follow each study guide to check for comprehension and understanding of concepts learned.
- eTutor includes student and teacher/parent resources, discussion area, homework help, and unique email features.
- eTutor lesson modules are written by educators in 23 subject areas. Students can work at their own ability level and at their own pace. The lesson modules emphasize achievement in basic skills for learning.
- The most important key to eTutor is student success and students are more likely to succeed if the information is interesting and relevant for them.
- The original content of eTutor lesson modules applies to real life situations that students can relate to, such as, creating a budget or reviewing a movie.
- The depth of content, use of graphics, activities and inclusion of web sites make eTutor unique when compared to other educational sites on the Internet.
- Twenty-three subject areas are included in the eTutor Program.
- 3,000+ lesson modules
- 200+ authors
- 20+ subjects
- 4 curricular areas
- Easy credit transfer
- Quality assurance
- Access to loans & scholarships
"Dion and Allisia enjoy working with eTutor and have learned a lot...they tell me everything they just learned on a daily basis."
- New Hampshire Grandmother
"Your program is excellent - by far the best I have seen so far, and I have recommended it to several other parents."
- Tennessee Homeschooler
Call Us with Questions
Choosing an online school is an important decision. Call us toll-free (877) 687-7200 to make sure e-Tutor is your online school of choice.
No call center operators, just us.