January 2nd, 2013 by eTutor
|Teenagers often run into serious discipline problems in connection with parties they attend or host. Parents can help avoid these problems by taking a few precautions each time a party is planned. Experts suggest when you host a party……
Agree to certain rules ahead of time. You may want to consider some of the following:
- No coming and going from the party.
- Make certain rooms off-limits.
- Keep lights on
- No uninvited guests
- No smoking, drugs or alcohol
- Set a time limit when the party begins and ends
- Invite another parent to help deal with unexpected problems
- Know your responsibilities: Remember that as an adult you are legally responsible for anything that may happen to a minor who has been served drugs or alcohol in your home.
Adapted from Illinois School Board Association
Tags: high school, homeschool, ninth grade, parenting