July 1st, 2013 by eTutor
- Challenge the process. Leaders search for opportunities, experiment and take risks.
- Inspire a shared vision. Leaders envision the future and enlist the support of others to share and achieve that vision.
- Enable others to act. Leaders foster collaboration and draw the best from their people.
- Model the way. Leaders set a good example and plan opportunities for their people to experience many “wins” along the way.
- Encourage their people. Contributions are recognized. Accomplishments are celebrated.
The Leadership Practices Inventory, called LPI, was compiled from interviews and surveys with managers who attended management development seminars.
Courtesy of Measures of Leadership