You and your student have decided that online learning is an alternative to regular public and private schooling that must be tried. What can you do to insure your student is successful? Here are steps you will want to know before starting online learning.
- Understand that you are your child’s instructional and academic leader/coach.
- Create an atmosphere for learning at home.
- Establish learning goals with your student focusing on the subjects appropriate for his/her grade level.
- Get to know your child’s learning strengths and weaknesses.
- Review, daily, completed learning projects and activities.
- Expect your student to spend a minimum of approximately four and a half to five hours learning each day.
- Provide your student with adequate equipment and materials to be a successful learner.
- Monitor and review assessment scores with your student.
- Work with your child in designating specific blocks of time for studying.
- Enjoy the learning experience with your student!
Tags: distance education, home school, homeschool, Homeschooling, homework, internet learning, internet-based learning, learning at home, online instruction, Online Learning, online school, school, summer school, web-based instruction, web-based learning