If we could, at this time, shrink the Earth’s population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look like this:
There would be 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Western Hemisphere (North and South) and 8 Africans.
1. 70 would be nonwhite; 30 white
2. 70 would be non-Christian; 30 Christian
3. 50% of the entire world wealth would be in the hands of only 6 people
4. All 6 would be citizens of the United States
5. 70 would be unable to read
6. 50 would suffer from malnutrition
7. 80 would live in substandard housing
8. Only 1 would have a college education
When one considers our world from such an incredibly compressed perspective, the need for both tolerance and understanding becomes glaringly apparent.