Online learning is gaining acceptance in school districts around the country. However, school districts want to know students are actually spending their time learning. When asked about your online learning program, if your student has taken the following steps, you will have evidence of a very strong program.
- Plan to spend approximately five hours learning each day.
- Keep track of when you start to study and when you stop each day. Keep record of sport and art activity on your list, as well.
- Have a notebook, pencil, paper and any other necessary materials available before starting online learning each day.
- Establish a schedule for learning and start, as much as possible, the same time each day.
- Share with your parents or another adult the goals and time management plan you have established for yourself.
- Keep a record of activities, assignments, and testing completed. Include examples when possible.