|Message from the President
Helping Your Child Think
Ten Ways to Improve Writing Skills
to Face Communications
Great Achievements: Do You Have What It Takes?
Ten Ways to Improve
Why is writing important? It is functional. It helps us get practical things
done. It is stimulating. Writing not only helps provoke thoughts, but helps us organize
those thoughts in a logical, concise manner. It is therapeutic. It allows us to express
feelings that may not be easily expressed in face-to-face communication.
- Spend time on activities that require real writing rather than on short answers and
fill-in-the blank exercises.
- Spend time putting thoughts on paper in a logical, well-organized way.
- Include research and brainstorming as part of writing.
- Make writing useful.
- Use drafts. Revising and editing are done by all good writers.
- Respond to the ideas expressed in writing. The true function of writing is to
- Write about something that is of interest.
- Take advantage of skills that lead to writing, such as, rhythms, reading, music,
- Reward writing that is clear and concise.
- Write for real world applications, such as a letter to the editor, writing a resume or a
All of us do not have equal talent, but all of us should have an equal
opportunity to develop our talents.
President John F. Kennedy, June 6, 1963
||This month Suzanne Baugher, Program Director, and I
traveled to Lansing, Michigan for a Homeschooling Conference. We expect this movement to
grow in the next few years. Our purpose was to introduce E-Tutor to the attendees. We have
developed a Homeschooling
Corner in order to provide information, links and a forum for discussion. Please
review the site and let us know what you think.