Definition of 'book'
You searched for Book
- a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together); "I am reading a good book on economics"
- physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together; "he used a large book as a doorstop"
- a record in which commercial accounts are recorded; "they got a subpoena to examine our books"
Synonyms: ledger leger account book book of account
- a number of sheets (ticket or stamps etc.) bound together on one edge; "he bought a book of stamps"
- a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone; "Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'"; "his name is in all the record books"
Synonyms: record record book
- a major division of a long written composition; "the book of Isaiah"
- a written version of a play or other dramatic composition; used in preparing for a performance
Synonyms: script playscript
- a collection of playing cards satisfying the rules of a card game
- a collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made; "they run things by the book around here"
Synonyms: rule book
- the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
Synonyms: Koran Quran al-Qur'an
- the sacred writings of the Christian religions; "he went to carry the Word to the heathen"
Synonyms: Bible Christian Bible Good Book Holy Scripture Holy Writ Scripture Word of God Word
- record a charge in a police register; "The policeman booked her when she tried to solicit a man"
- arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance; "reserve me a seat on a flight"; "The agent booked tickets to the show for the whole family"; "please hold a table at Maxim's"
Synonyms: reserve hold
- engage for a performance; "Her agent had booked her for several concerts in Tokyo"
- register in a hotel booker