Definition of 'absorb'
You searched for absorbs
- become imbued; "The liquids, light, and gases absorb"
- take up mentally; "he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe"
Synonyms: assimilate ingest take in
- take up, as of debts or payments; "absorb the costs for something"
Synonyms: take over
- take in, also metaphorically; "The sponge absorbs water well"; "She drew strength from the minister's words"
Synonyms: suck imbibe soak up sop up suck up draw take in take up
- cause to become one with; "The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
- suck or take up or in; "A black star absorbs all matter"
Synonyms: take in
Antonyms: emit give out give off
- engross (oneself) fully; "He immersed himself into his studies"
Synonyms: steep immerse engulf plunge engross soak up
- assimilate or take in; "The immigrants were quickly absorbed into society"
- engage or engross wholly; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
Synonyms: engross engage occupy