Definition of 'abstraction'
You searched for abstractions
- a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance; "he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
- the act of withdrawing or removing something
- the process of formulating general concepts by abstracting common properties of instances
Synonyms: generalization generalisation
- an abstract painting
- preoccupation with something to the exclusion of all else
- a general concept formed by extracting common features from specific examples