Definition of 'abstract'
You searched for abstracts
- a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance; "he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
- a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
Synonyms: outline synopsis precis
- consider a concept without thinking of a specific example; consider abstractly or theoretically
- make off with belongings of others
Synonyms: pilfer cabbage purloin pinch snarf swipe hook sneak filch nobble lift
- consider apart from a particular case or instance; "Let's abstract away from this particular example"
- give an abstract (of)
- existing only in the mind; separated from embodiment; "abstract words like `truth' and `justice'"
- not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature; "a large abstract painting"
Synonyms: abstractionist nonfigurative nonobjective
- dealing with a subject in the abstract without practical purpose or intention; "abstract reasoning"; "abstract science"