Definition of 'abuse'
You searched for abusing
- cruel or inhumane treatment
Synonyms: maltreatment ill-treatment ill-usage
- a rude expression intended to offend or hurt; "when a student made a stupid mistake he spared them no abuse"; "they yelled insults at the visiting team"
Synonyms: insult revilement contumely vilification
- improper or excessive use
- treat badly; "This boss abuses his workers"; "She is always stepping on others to get ahead"
Synonyms: mistreat maltreat ill-use step ill-treat
- change the inherent purpose or function of something; "Don't abuse the system"; "The director of the factory misused the funds intended for the health care of his workers"
Synonyms: pervert misuse
- use foul or abusive language towards; "The actress abused the policeman who gave her a parking ticket"; "The angry mother shouted at the teacher"
Synonyms: clapperclaw blackguard shout
- use wrongly or improperly or excessively; "Her husband often abuses alcohol"; "while she was pregnant, she abused drugs"