Definition of 'acceptance'
- the mental attitude that something is believable and should be accepted as true; "he gave credence to the gossip"; "acceptance of Newtonian mechanics was unquestioned for 200 years"
- the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; "its adoption by society"; "the proposal found wide acceptance"
Synonyms: adoption acceptation espousal
- the state of being acceptable and accepted; "torn jeans received no acceptance at the country club"
- (contract law) words signifying consent to the terms of an offer (thereby creating a contract)
- banking: a time draft drawn on and accepted by a bank
Synonyms: banker's acceptance
- a disposition to tolerate or accept people or situations; "all people should practice toleration and live together in peace"
Synonyms: toleration sufferance
- the act of taking something that is offered; "her acceptance of the gift encouraged him"; "he anticipated their acceptance of his offer"