Definition of 'accepted'
See also: accept
- generally approved or compelling recognition; "several accepted techniques for treating the condition"; "his recognized superiority in this kind of work"
Synonyms: recognized recognised
- generally agreed upon; not subject to dispute; "the accepted interpretation of the poem"; "an accepted theory"; "the undisputed fact"
Synonyms: undisputed unchallenged unquestioned
- generally accepted or used; "accepted methods of harmony and melody"; "three accepted types of pump"
- judged to be in conformity with approved usage; "acceptable English usage"
- widely or permanently accepted; "an accepted precedent"
- widely accepted as true or worthy; "the accepted wisdom about old age"; "a received moral idea"; "Received political wisdom says not; surveys show otherwise"- Economist