Definition of 'access'
- the right to enter
Synonyms: entree accession admittance
- the right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership)
- a way of entering or leaving; "he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
- a code (a series of characters or digits) that must be entered in some way (typed or dialed or spoken) to get the use of something (a telephone line or a computer or a local area network etc.)
Synonyms: access code
- (computer science) the operation of reading or writing stored information
Synonyms: memory access
- the act of approaching or entering; "he gained access to the building"
- obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer
- reach or gain access to; "How does one access the attic in this house?"; "I cannot get to the T.V. antenna, even if I climb on the roof"
Synonyms: get at