Definition of 'accommodation'
- making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
Synonyms: adjustment fitting
- a settlement of differences; "they reached an accommodation with Japan"
- in the theories of Jean Piaget: the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of reality
- living quarters provided for public convenience; "overnight accommodations are available"
- the act of providing something (lodging or seat or food) to meet a need
- (physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the lens of the eye