Definition of 'account'
You searched for accounted
- a formal contractual relationship established to provide for regular banking or brokerage or business services; "he asked to see the executive who handled his account"
Synonyms: business relationship
- the act of informing by verbal report; "he heard reports that they were causing trouble"; "by all accounts they were a happy couple"
- a record or narrative description of past events; "a history of France"; "he gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president"; "the story of exposure to lead"
Synonyms: history chronicle story
- a short account of the news; "the report of his speech"; "the story was on the 11 o'clock news"; "the account of his speech that was given on the evening news made the governor furious"
Synonyms: report news report story write up
- a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance; "they send me an accounting every month"
Synonyms: accounting account statement
- a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc.; "the explanation was very simple"; "I expected a brief account"
- an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered; "he paid his bill and left"; "send me an account of what I owe"
Synonyms: bill invoice
- grounds; "don't do it on my account"; "the paper was rejected on account of its length"; "he tried to blame the victim but his success on that score was doubtful"
- importance or value; "a person of considerable account"; "he predicted that although it is of small account now it will rapidly increase in importance"
- the quality of taking advantage; "she turned her writing skills to good account"
- be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something; "Passing grades account for half of the grades given in this exam"
- keep an account of
- to give an account or representation of in words; "Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental"
Synonyms: report describe
- furnish a justifying analysis or explanation; "I can't account for the missing money"
Synonyms: answer for