Definition of 'ace'
You searched for aces
- the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number; "he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it"; "they had lunch at one"
Synonyms: one 1 I single unity
- one of four playing cards in a deck having a single pip on its face
- someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
Synonyms: adept champion sensation maven mavin virtuoso genius hotshot star superstar whiz whizz wizard wiz
- a major strategic headquarters of NATO; safeguards an area extending from Norway to Turkey
Synonyms: Allied Command Europe
- a serve that the receiver is unable to reach
- succeed at easily; "She sailed through her exams"; "You will pass with flying colors"; "She nailed her astrophysics course"
Synonyms: breeze through pass with flying colors sweep through sail through nail
- score an ace against; "He aced his opponents"
- play (a hole) in one stroke
- serve an ace against (someone)
- of the highest quality; "an ace reporter"; "a crack shot"; "a first-rate golfer"; "a super party"; "played top-notch tennis"; "an athlete in tiptop condition"; "she is absolutely tops"
Synonyms: A-one crack fantastic first-rate super tiptop topnotch tops