Definition of 'acknowledge'
You searched for acknowledges
- declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
- report the receipt of; "The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper"
- express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with; "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"
- express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for; "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
Synonyms: recognize recognise
- accept as legally binding and valid; "acknowledge the deed"
- accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
Synonyms: recognize recognise know