Definition of 'addition'
You searched for additions
- a component that is added to something to improve it; "the addition of a bathroom was a major improvement"; "the addition of cinnamon improved the flavor"
Synonyms: add-on improver
- the act of adding one thing to another; "the addition of flowers created a pleasing effect"; "the addition of a leap day every four years"
Antonyms: subtraction deduction
- a quantity that is added; "there was an addition to property taxes this year"; "they recorded the cattle's gain in weight over a period of weeks"
Synonyms: increase gain
- something added to what you already have; "the librarian shelved the new accessions"; "he was a new addition to the staff"
- a suburban area laid out in streets and lots for a future residential area
- the arithmetic operation of summing; calculating the sum of two or more numbers; "the summation of four and three gives seven"; "four plus three equals seven"
Synonyms: summation plus