Definition of 'address'
You searched for addressing
- (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
Synonyms: computer address
- the place where a person or organization can be found or communicated with
- the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience; "he listened to an address on minor Roman poets"
- the manner of speaking to another individual; "he failed in his manner of address to the captain"
- a sign in front of a house or business carrying the conventional form by which its location is described
- written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location
Synonyms: destination name and address
- the stance assumed by a golfer in preparation for hitting a golf ball
- social skill
- speak to; "He addressed the crowd outside the window"
Synonyms: turn to
- give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
- put an address on (an envelope)
- direct a question at someone
- address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question
- greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name; "He always addresses me with `Sir'"; "Call me Mister"; "She calls him by first name"
- access or locate by address
- deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
Synonyms: cover treat handle plow deal
- speak to someone
Synonyms: accost come up to
- adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting