Definition of 'adjustment'
- making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
Synonyms: accommodation fitting
- the act of making something different (as e.g. the size of a garment)
Synonyms: alteration modification
- the act of adjusting something to match a standard
Synonyms: registration readjustment
- the process of adapting to something (such as environmental conditions)
Synonyms: adaptation adaption
- an amount added or deducted on the basis of qualifying circumstances; "an allowance for profit"