Definition of 'adjust'
You searched for adjusts
- alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
Synonyms: set correct
- place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight; "align the car with the curb"; "align the sheets of paper on the table"
Synonyms: align aline line up
- adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions; "We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
Synonyms: conform adapt
- make correspondent or conformable; "Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
- decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim