Definition of 'admit'
You searched for admits
- declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
- allow to enter; grant entry to; "We cannot admit non-members into our club"
Synonyms: allow in let in intromit
Antonyms: reject turn down turn away refuse
- allow participation in or the right to be part of; permit to exercise the rights, functions, and responsibilities of; "admit someone to the profession"; "She was admitted to the New Jersey Bar"
Synonyms: let in include
Antonyms: exclude keep out shut out shut
- admit into a group or community; "accept students for graduate study"; "We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
Synonyms: accept take take on
- afford possibility; "This problem admits of no solution"; "This short story allows of several different interpretations"
- give access or entrance to; "The French doors admit onto the yard"
- have room for; hold without crowding; "This hotel can accommodate 250 guests"; "The theater admits 300 people"; "The auditorium can't hold more than 500 people"
Synonyms: accommodate hold
- serve as a means of entrance; "This ticket will admit one adult to the show"