Definition of 'advanced'
See also: advance
- farther along in physical or mental development; "the child's skeletal age was classified as `advanced'"; "children in the advanced classes in elementary school read far above grade average"
- comparatively late in a course of development; "the illness had reached an advanced stage"; "an advanced state of exhaustion"
- ahead of the times; "the advanced teaching methods"; "had advanced views on the subject"; "a forward-looking corporation"; "is British industry innovative enough?"
Synonyms: forward-looking innovative modern
- at a higher level in training or knowledge or skill; "an advanced degree"; "an advanced text in physics"; "special seminars for small groups of advanced students at the University"
- ahead in development; complex or intricate; "advanced technology"; "a sophisticated electronic control system"
- far along in time; "a man of advanced age"; "advanced in years"; "a ripe old age"; "the ripe age of 90"
- (of societies) highly developed especially in technology or industry; "advanced societies"; "an advanced country technologically"
- situated ahead or going before; "an advance party"; "at that time the most advanced outpost was still east of the Rockies"
Synonyms: advance in advance