Definition of 'aerial'
You searched for aerials
- a pass to a receiver downfield from the passer
Synonyms: forward pass
- an electrical device that sends or receives radio or television signals
Synonyms: antenna transmitting aerial
- in or belonging to the air or operating (for or by means of aircraft or elevated cables) in the air; "aerial particles"; "small aerial creatures such as butterflies"; "aerial warfare"; "aerial photography"; "aerial cable cars"
- growing in air; "aerial roots of a philodendron"
- characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air; "figures light and aeriform come unlooked for and melt away"- Thomas Carlyle; "aerial fancies"; "an airy apparition"; "physical rather than ethereal forms"
Synonyms: aeriform airy aery ethereal