Definition of 'affect'
You searched for affects
- the conscious subjective aspect of feeling or emotion
- have an effect upon; "Will the new rules affect me?"
Synonyms: impact bear upon bear on touch on touch
- act physically on; have an effect upon
- connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"
Synonyms: involve regard
- make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
Synonyms: feign sham pretend dissemble
- have an emotional or cognitive impact upon; "This child impressed me as unusually mature"; "This behavior struck me as odd"
Synonyms: impress move strike