Definition of 'aged'
See also: age
- people who are old collectively; "special arrangements were available for the aged"
Antonyms: young youth
- advanced in years; (`aged' is pronounced as two syllables); "aged members of the society"; "elderly residents could remember the construction of the first skyscraper"; "senior citizen"
Synonyms: elderly older senior
- at an advanced stage of erosion (pronounced as one syllable); "aged rocks"
- having attained a specific age; (`aged' is pronounced as one syllable); "aged ten"; "ten years of age"
Synonyms: of age
- of wines, fruit, cheeses; having reached a desired or final condition; (`aged' pronounced as one syllable); "mature well-aged cheeses"
- (used of tobacco) aging as a preservative process (`aged' is pronounced as one syllable)