Definition of 'agency'
You searched for agencies
- an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
Synonyms: federal agency government agency bureau office authority
- a business that serves other businesses
- the state of being in action or exerting power; "the agency of providence"; "she has free agency"
- the state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
Synonyms: representation delegacy
- how a result is obtained or an end is achieved; "a means of control"; "an example is the best agency of instruction"; "the true way to success"
Synonyms: means way