Definition of 'age'
You searched for ages
- how long something has existed; "it was replaced because of its age"
- an era of history having some distinctive feature; "we live in a litigious age"
Synonyms: historic period
- a time in life (usually defined in years) at which some particular qualification or power arises; "she was now of school age"; "tall for his eld"
- a late time of life; "old age is not for sissies"; "he's showing his years"; "age hasn't slowed him down at all"; "a beard white with eld"; "on the brink of geezerhood"
Synonyms: old age years eld geezerhood
- a prolonged period of time; "we've known each other for ages"; "I haven't been there for years and years"
Synonyms: long time years
- begin to seem older; get older; "The death of his wife caused him to age fast"
- grow old or older; "She aged gracefully"; "we age every day--what a depressing thought!"; "Young men senesce"
Synonyms: senesce get on mature maturate
- make older; "The death of his child aged him tremendously"