Definition of 'agree'
- be in accord; be in agreement; "We agreed on the terms of the settlement"; "I can't agree with you!"; "I hold with those who say life is sacred"; "Both philosophers concord on this point"
Synonyms: hold concur concord
Antonyms: disagree differ dissent take issue
- consent or assent to a condition, or agree to do something; "She agreed to all my conditions"; "He agreed to leave her alone"
- be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
Synonyms: match fit correspond check jibe gibe tally
Antonyms: disagree disaccord discord
- go together; "The colors don't harmonize"; "Their ideas concorded"
Synonyms: harmonize harmonise consort accord concord fit in
- show grammatical agreement; "Subjects and verbs must always agree in English"
- be agreeable or suitable; "White wine doesn't agree with me"
- achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose; "No two of my colleagues would agree on whom to elect chairman"