Definition of 'aid'
- a resource; "visual aids in teaching"; "economic assistance to depressed areas"
Synonyms: assistance help
- the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
Synonyms: assist assistance help
- a gift of money to support a worthy person or cause
Synonyms: economic aid
- the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needs constant attention"
Synonyms: care attention tending
- give help or assistance; be of service; "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
Synonyms: help assist
- improve the condition of; "These pills will help the patient"