Definition of 'aim'
You searched for aims
- an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions; "his intent was to provide a new translation"; "good intentions are not enough"; "it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"; "he made no secret of his designs"
Synonyms: purpose intent intention design
- the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable); "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
Synonyms: object objective target
- the action of directing something at an object; "he took aim and fired"
- the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
Synonyms: bearing heading
- aim or direct at; as of blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment; "Please don't aim at your little brother!"; "He trained his gun on the burglar"; "Don't train your camera on the women"; "Take a swipe at one's opponent"
Synonyms: take train take aim direct
- propose or intend; "I aim to arrive at noon"
Synonyms: purpose purport propose
- move into a desired direction of discourse; "What are you driving at?"
Synonyms: drive get
- specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
Synonyms: calculate direct
- intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
Synonyms: target place direct point
- direct (a remark) toward an intended goal; "She wanted to aim a pun"
- have an ambitious plan or a lofty goal
Synonyms: draw a bead on aspire shoot for