Definition of 'alarm'
You searched for alarms
- fear resulting from the awareness of danger
Synonyms: dismay consternation
- a device that signals the occurrence of some undesirable event
Synonyms: warning device alarm system
- an automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger
Synonyms: alert warning signal alarum
- a clock that wakes sleeper at preset time
Synonyms: alarm clock
- fill with apprehension or alarm; cause to be unpleasantly surprised; "I was horrified at the thought of being late for my interview"; "The news of the executions horrified us"
Synonyms: dismay appal appall horrify
- warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness; "The empty house alarmed him"; "We alerted the new neighbors to the high rate of burglaries"