Definition of 'alien'
You searched for aliening
- a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
Synonyms: foreigner noncitizen outlander
- anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
Synonyms: stranger unknown
- a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere
Synonyms: extraterrestrial being extraterrestrial
- transfer property or ownership; "The will aliened the property to the heirs"
- arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness; "She alienated her friends when she became fanatically religious"
Synonyms: estrange alienate disaffect
- not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something; "an economic theory alien to the spirit of capitalism"; "the mysticism so foreign to the French mind and temper"; "jealousy is foreign to her nature"
- being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world; "alien customs"; "exotic plants in a greenhouse"; "exotic cuisine"