Definition of 'alternate'
You searched for alternated
- someone who takes the place of another person
Synonyms: surrogate replacement
- go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions
- exchange people temporarily to fulfill certain jobs and functions
- be an understudy or alternate for a role
- reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
Synonyms: interchange tack switch flip flip-flop
- do something in turns; "We take turns on the night shift"
Synonyms: take turns
- every second one of a series; "the cleaning lady comes on alternate Wednesdays"; "jam every other day"- the White Queen
- allowing a choice; "an alternative plan"
- occurring by turns; first one and then the other; "alternating feelings of love and hate"
- of leaves and branches etc; first on one side and then on the other in two ranks along an axis; not paired; "stems with alternate leaves"
Antonyms: opposite paired