Definition of 'anchor'
You searched for anchoring
- a mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving
Synonyms: ground tackle
- a central cohesive source of support and stability; "faith is his anchor"; "the keystone of campaign reform was the ban on soft money"; "he is the linchpin of this firm"
Synonyms: mainstay keystone backbone linchpin lynchpin
- a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute
Synonyms: anchorman anchorperson
- fix firmly and stably; "anchor the lamppost in concrete"
- secure a vessel with an anchor; "We anchored at Baltimore"
Synonyms: cast anchor drop anchor