Definition of 'antagonistic'
- indicating opposition or resistance
- characterized by antagonism or antipathy; "slaves antagonistic to their masters"; "antipathetic factions within the party"
Synonyms: antipathetic antipathetical
- arousing animosity or hostility; "his antagonistic brusqueness"; "Europe was antagonistic to the Unites States"
Antonyms: conciliatory conciliative
- used especially of drugs or muscles that counteract or neutralize each other's effect
Antonyms: synergistic interactive
- incapable of harmonious association