Definition of 'blend'
- an occurrence of thorough mixing
- a new word formed by joining two others and combining their meanings; "`smog' is a blend of `smoke' and `fog'"; "`motel' is a portmanteau word made by combining `motor' and `hotel'"; "`brunch' is a well-known portmanteau"
Synonyms: portmanteau word portmanteau
- the act of blending components together thoroughly
- combine into one; "blend the nuts and raisins together"; "he blends in with the crowd"; "We don't intermingle much"
Synonyms: intermix immingle intermingle
- blend or harmonize; "This flavor will blend with those in your dish"; "This sofa won't go with the chairs"
Synonyms: go blend in
- mix together different elements; "The colors blend well"
Synonyms: flux mix conflate commingle immix fuse coalesce meld combine merge