Definition of 'blur'
- a hazy or indistinct representation; "it happened so fast it was just a blur"; "he tried to clear his head of the whisky fuzz"
- become glassy; lose clear vision; "Her eyes glazed over from lack of sleep"
Synonyms: film over glaze over
- to make less distinct or clear; "The haze blurs the hills"
- make unclear, indistinct, or blurred; "Her remarks confused the debate"; "Their words obnubilate their intentions"
Synonyms: confuse obscure obnubilate
- make a smudge on; soil by smudging
Synonyms: smear smudge smutch
- make dim or indistinct; "The drug blurs my vision"
Antonyms: focus focalize focalise sharpen
- become vague or indistinct; "The distinction between the two theories blurred"
Synonyms: dim slur
Antonyms: focus focalize focalise