Definition of 'brood'
You searched for broods
- the young of an animal cared for at one time
- think moodily or anxiously about something
- hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing; "The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
Synonyms: hover loom bulk large
- be in a huff and display one's displeasure; "She is pouting because she didn't get what she wanted"
Synonyms: sulk pout
- be in a huff; be silent or sullen
Synonyms: grizzle stew
- sit on (eggs); "Birds brood"; "The female covers the eggs"
Synonyms: hatch cover incubate