Definition of 'brother'
- a male with the same parents as someone else; "my brother still lives with our parents"
Synonyms: blood brother
Antonyms: sister sis
- a male person who is a fellow member (of a fraternity or religion of other group); "none of his brothers would betray him"
- a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
Synonyms: buddy chum crony pal sidekick
- used as a term of address for those male persons engaged in the same movement; "Greetings, comrade!"
- (Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a monk and used as form of address; "a Benedictine Brother"