Definition of 'buck'
- a gymnastic horse without pommels and with one end elongated; used lengthwise for vaulting
Synonyms: vaulting horse long horse
- a piece of paper money worth one dollar
Synonyms: dollar dollar bill one dollar bill clam
- United States author whose novels drew on her experiences as a missionary in China (1892-1973)
Synonyms: Pearl Buck Pearl Sydenstricker Buck
- a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
Synonyms: sawhorse horse sawbuck
- mature male of various mammals (especially deer or antelope)
- to strive with determination; "John is bucking for a promotion"
- resist; "buck the trend"
Synonyms: go against
- move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
Synonyms: tear shoot shoot down charge
- jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched; "the yung filly bucked"
Synonyms: jerk hitch