Definition of 'bust'
- a complete failure; "the play was a dismal flop"
Synonyms: flop fizzle
- the chest of a woman
Synonyms: female chest
- a sculpture of the head and shoulders of a person
- an occasion for excessive eating or drinking; "they went on a bust that lasted three days"
Synonyms: tear binge bout
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!"
Antonyms: repair mend fix bushel doctor furbish up restore touch on
- search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on; "The police raided the crack house"
- separate or cause to separate abruptly; "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
Synonyms: tear rupture snap
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely"
Synonyms: break wear wear out fall apart
- break open or apart suddenly and forcefully; "The dam burst"
- lacking funds; "`skint' is a British slang term"
Synonyms: broke skint stone-broke stony-broke