Definition of 'campaign'
- a race between candidates for elective office; "I managed his campaign for governor"; "he is raising money for a Senate run"
Synonyms: political campaign run
- a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end; "he supported populist campaigns"; "they worked in the cause of world peace"; "the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"; "the movement to end slavery"; "contributed to the war effort"
Synonyms: cause crusade drive movement effort
- several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal (usually within geographical and temporal constraints)
Synonyms: military campaign
- an overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa)
Synonyms: hunting expedition safari
- run, stand, or compete for an office or a position; "Who's running for treasurer this year?"
- exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
Synonyms: crusade fight press push agitate
- go on a campaign; go off to war
Synonyms: take the field