Definition of 'capable'
- (usually followed by `of') having capacity or ability; "capable of winning"; "capable of hard work"; "capable of walking on two feet"
- possibly accepting or permitting; "a passage capable of misinterpretation"; "open to interpretation"; "an issue open to question"; "the time is fixed by the director and players and therefore subject to much variation"
Synonyms: open subject
- (followed by `of') having the temperament or inclination for; "no one believed her capable of murder"
- having the requisite qualities for; "equal to the task"; "the work isn't up to the standard I require"
Synonyms: adequate to equal to up to
- have the skills and qualifications to do things well; "able teachers"; "a capable administrator"; "children as young as 14 can be extremely capable and dependable"