Definition of 'care'
- the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needs constant attention"
Synonyms: attention aid tending
- judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger; "he exercised caution in opening the door"; "he handled the vase with care"
Synonyms: caution precaution forethought
- an anxious feeling; "care had aged him"; "they hushed it up out of fear of public reaction"
Synonyms: concern fear
- a cause for feeling concern; "his major care was the illness of his wife"
- attention and management implying responsibility for safety; "he is in the care of a bodyguard"
Synonyms: charge tutelage guardianship
- activity involved in maintaining something in good working order; "he wrote the manual on car care"
Synonyms: maintenance upkeep
- feel concern or interest; "I really care about my work"; "I don't care"
- provide care for; "The nurse was caring for the wounded"
Synonyms: give care
- prefer or wish to do something; "Do you care to try this dish?"; "Would you like to come along to the movies?"
Synonyms: wish like
- be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
Synonyms: manage deal handle
- be concerned with; "I worry about my grades"