Definition of 'cell'
- any small compartment; "the cells of a honeycomb"
- (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms; they may exist as independent units of life (as in monads) or may form colonies or tissues as in higher plants and animals
- a device that delivers an electric current as the result of a chemical reaction
Synonyms: electric cell
- a small unit serving as part of or as the nucleus of a larger political movement
- a hand-held mobile radiotelephone for use in an area divided into small sections, each with its own short-range transmitter/receiver
Synonyms: cellular telephone cellular phone cellphone mobile phone
- small room is which a monk or nun lives
- a room where a prisoner is kept
Synonyms: jail cell prison cell