Definition of 'chop'
- the irregular motion of waves (usually caused by wind blowing in a direction opposite to the tide); "the boat headed into the chop"
- a small cut of meat including part of a rib
- a jaw; "I'll hit him on the chops"
- a tennis return made with a downward motion that puts backspin on the ball
Synonyms: chop shot
- a grounder that bounces high in the air
- cut into pieces; "Chop wood"; "chop meat"
Synonyms: chop up
- move suddenly
- strike sharply, as in some sports
- cut with a hacking tool
- hit sharply