Definition of 'conduct'
- manner of acting or controlling yourself
Synonyms: behavior behaviour doings
- (behavioral attributes) the way a person behaves toward other people
Synonyms: demeanor demeanour behavior behaviour deportment
- direct the course of; manage or control; "You cannot conduct business like this"
Synonyms: carry on deal
- lead, as in the performance of a composition; "conduct an orchestra; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
Synonyms: lead direct
- behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
Synonyms: behave acquit bear deport comport carry
- transmit or serve as the medium for transmission; "Sound carries well over water"; "The airwaves carry the sound"; "Many metals conduct heat"
Synonyms: transmit convey carry channel
- take somebody somewhere; "We lead him to our chief"; "can you take me to the main entrance?"; "He conducted us to the palace"
Synonyms: lead take direct guide
- lead musicians in the performance of; "Bernstein conducted Mahler like no other conductor"; "she cannot conduct modern pieces"